[net.graphics] RGB to composite?

hr@uicsl.UUCP (09/24/85)

<>

I get a strange sense of deja vu...

A friend asked me if I would ask you:
	Is there a simple way, say a chip, to convert RGB(I) signals
	to composite video?
I doubt the application requires extreme precision. I think it may have
something to do with a Commodore 128.

						harold ravlin
					{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uicsl!hr

brad@gcc-bill.ARPA (Brad Parker) (10/01/85)

In article <10500004@uicsl> hr@uicsl.UUCP writes:
>A friend asked me if I would ask you:
>	Is there a simple way, say a chip, to convert RGB(I) signals
>	to composite video?
>I doubt the application requires extreme precision. I think it may have
>something to do with a Commodore 128.
>						harold ravlin
>					{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uicsl!hr

I think TI makes a chip which supported the 9918 graphics processor (used in
Colecovision?) which did this. I think it had a number like 1372? (TMS1372?)

I seem to remember that it took RBG in as well as composite and produced
modulated RF? (it's been a while and I have a cold)

--

J Bradford Parker
uucp: seismo!harvard!gcc-bill!brad

"She said you know how to spell AUDACIOUSLY? I could tell I was in love...
You want to go to heaven? or would you rather not be saved?" - Lloyd Coal

nrh@lzwi.UUCP (N.R.HASLOCK) (10/04/85)

In article <10500004@uicsl> hr@uicsl.UUCP writes:
>A friend asked me if I would ask you:
>	Is there a simple way, say a chip, to convert RGB(I) signals
>	to composite video?
>I doubt the application requires extreme precision. I think it may have
>something to do with a Commodore 128.
>						harold ravlin
>					{ihnp4,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!uicsl!hr

This is taken from my copy of the Atari 800 logic.

comp video is sync + chroma + luminance

luminance ---> op amp --------+----+-----> comp video --> rf modulator
                              |    |
sync ---> op amp --> diode -->+    |

color---> op amp --> 100pf -> 1k --+
{ihnp4|vax135|allegra}!lznv!nrh
	Nigel		The Mad Englishman or
			The Madly Maundering Mumbler in the Wildernesses

Everything you have read here is a figment of your imagination.
Noone else in the universe currently subscribes to these opinions.

"Its the rope, you know. You can't get it, you know."