[net.graphics] Topographical mapping?

mazina@pur-ee.UUCP (Daniel J Mazina) (11/13/85)

	Does anyone out there know of any routines for generating
random topographical maps of any sort? 'C' would be nice, but just
about anything would do.... Mail me if you have a program or pointer...

					Thomas Ruschak
					pur-ee!mazina

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
 Something wicked this way comes... "
		--- W. Shakespeare

rns@aicchi.UUCP (Schreiner) (11/18/85)

In article <3505@pur-ee.UUCP> mazina@pur-ee.UUCP (Daniel J Mazina) writes:

>	Does anyone out there know of any routines for generating
>random topographical maps of any sort? 'C' would be nice, but just
>about anything would do.... Mail me if you have a program or pointer...
>

>					Thomas Ruschak
>					pur-ee!mazina
>
>"By the pricking of my thumbs,
> Something wicked this way comes... "
>		--- W. Shakespeare

The mandelbrot programs that have been posted here and in net.sources
would do this.  Simply pick a region and a magnification, run the mandelbrot
program and assign the iteration count to an elevation.

Ron Schreiner
Analysts International Corp., Chicago
..ihnp4!aicchi!rns