[net.graphics] Digital images available

weber@brand.UUCP (Allan G. Weber) (02/25/86)

In the past month I have seen a couple of messages in this news group asking
about the where one obtains digital images for use in image processing.  Our
group, the USC Signal and Image Processing Institute, has been involved in
image processing research for about 15 years and we sell a database of about
240 digital images, including such all time favorites as the Mandrill baboon.

The images are all 8-bits/pixel, (24-bit/pixel for color images) and in
sizes of 256x256, 512x512, or 1024x1024 pixels.  The database is only
distributed on 9-track, 1600 BPI tape (800 BPI if you really insist on it).
I can send a printed catalog and ordering information to interested parties
if they send me their US Mail address.  The catalog contains photocopies of
the printed images and infomation on the tape format.  Below is a list of
the database volumes and prices.  Volumes may be ordered separately.

       Volume  Subject		    Number of   Number of
				     Images       Tapes

         1    Textures                 58           3
         2    Aerials (color)          36           5
         3    Aerials (b\w)            37           2
         4    Miscellaneous (color)    15           1
         5    Miscellaneous (b\w)      26           1
         6    Motion Picture Sequence  59           1
         7    Military Equipment       12           1

I haven't included any price information since some people object to seeing
that on the network.  I can say that we don't make any money on the deal.

					Allan Weber
					Univ. of Southern California
					Signal & Image Processing Inst.
					(213) 743-5519
					Arpanet: Weber%Brand@USC-ECL.ARPA
					Usenet: ...!sdcrdcf!oberon!brand!weber

cheryl@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (cheryl) (03/03/86)

In article <183@brand.UUCP> weber@brand.UUCP (Allan G. Weber) writes:
>In the past month I have seen a couple of messages in this news group asking
>about the where one obtains digital images for use in image processing.

	How about digital satellite images of the Andes (including
	some volcanoes, lava floes, etc.)  These are not classified.

contact:
	cheryl@devvax.tn.cornell.edu
	eric@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu

Cheryl