[net.graphics] graphics routines needed

julian@riacs.UUCP (05/01/86)

In <798@umcp-cs.UUCP> turner@imagen.UUCP writes:
> which brings up the question: julian gomez where are you ? (yes i
> know, you're at moffet) what i mean is: is there going to be an
> update of your 3-D graphics package ?

Yes.

State of the system: yesterday i finally got it working between our
Sequent and Iris. Some of the delay was due to frustrating bugs in the
Sequent C compiler, such as it producing incorrect code for
		float	redFactor;
		uchar	newred[];
		newred[i] = redFactor;
but adding the obvious made it work:
		newred[i] = (int)redFactor;
As you can tell, that one annoyed me.

Most of the delay is due to the fact that my project description
doesn't include stuff like "preparing software for distribution,"
so things like planning meetings and writing have to take precedence.

Anyway, now that the code works i'll feel better about distributing it.
Look for it in May, before GI 86.  In order to get it out sooner, I won't
include the parallel image calculation stuff. Iris and AED support will be
included; so will the custom OSU frame buffers, although that won't help
much besides as examples.

--
"If Chaos himself sat umpire, what better could he do?"

	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez  (ARPA: julian@riacs)
	415-694-6141        415-694-6363  (UUCP: decvax!decwrl!julian@riacs)
	RIACS - Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science