[net.graphics] cox computer video processor

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (05/08/86)

**
I have had requests for more information on this product and seem to have
some problem responding by mail, so here goes-

CVP-100 Computer video processor from michael cox electronics (British)

-completely stand alone operation
-no modifications or additions to computer terminal
-converts any computer line and vertical refresh rate up to 1029 lines
-accepts wide range of analog RGB levels or TTL
_operates on all types of computer sync signals (composite sync, separate
 H & V sync, sync on green, H & V drive of either polarity)
-H & V centering control of output video
-programmable picture width
presetable H & V blanking width
-freeze frame
-built in NTSC color bar reference signal
-white balance control

The unit is priced at about $13,200.00 CDN (taxes out) and is available
from the exclusive North American distributor:
	Broadcast Video Systems
	1050 McNicoll Avenue
	Agincourt, Ontario M1W 2L8
	Canada
	(416) 497-1020
	telex: 065-25329

** disclaimer ** I have not (yet) seen this product in action, the above
is quoted from a product brochure provided by the distributor. It sounds
like just the thing for getting high quality video tapes from non-NTSC
sources. (IRIS, etc.) I have no connection with either of the above
mentioned companies ( except telephone ). Everything is opinion, not
necessarily shared by the Canadian Department of National Defence, the
Federal Goverment or the Prime Minister (or anyone else, for that matter)
..........................................sjk...........................

dave@onfcanim.UUCP (Dave Martindale) (05/14/86)

In article <1859@dciem.UUCP> king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) writes:
>**
>I have had requests for more information on this product and seem to have
>some problem responding by mail, so here goes-
>
>CVP-100 Computer video processor from michael cox electronics (British)
>
> [ feature list deleted ]
>
>The unit is priced at about $13,200.00 CDN (taxes out)
>
>** disclaimer ** I have not (yet) seen this product in action, the above
>is quoted from a product brochure provided by the distributor. It sounds
>like just the thing for getting high quality video tapes from non-NTSC
>sources. (IRIS, etc.)

Just a note: for the Silicon Graphics IRIS, at least, there is a cheaper
route, since it *can* generate NTSC video.  There is a clock generator board
for the IRIS that allows it to genlock its sync to an external source,
and you can order the IRIS's normal video board with a "second video format"
that is 525 line interlaced 30 Hz (i.e. NTSC).  Then you need an external
NTSC sync generator and colour encoder to complete the setup.  You should
be able to buy the clock generator board, the sync generator, and NTSC
encoder for somewhat less than $13k.

Also, recent IRISes generate 60KHz horizontal sweep when running in 1024x768
pixel mode, and the CVP-100 can handle 34KHz max.