[net.graphics] request for info on hi-res color mo

vanzandt@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu (11/04/86)

	I'm not sure about the resolution requirement, but otherwise
the Nec MultiSynch Monitor is the hottest thing since melted cheese!

Lonnie [vanzandt@uiucdcsp]

tc@amd.UUCP (Tom Crawford) (11/06/86)

In article <> vanzandt@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
>	I'm not sure about the resolution requirement, but otherwise
>the Nec MultiSynch Monitor is the hottest thing since melted cheese!
>
>Lonnie [vanzandt@uiucdcsp]

I have a NEC MultiSync (PC-1401P3A) running at 24MHz video clock (~42 ns).
I am operating the monitor in 8-color TTL mode, 640 x 480.  The video
comes from a registered P.A.L. and the rise time (at my end of the cable)
is about 5-6 ns to 2.4 volts.  I think it's a great monitor and I especially
like it for its forgiveness regarding sync timing.  HOWEVER,

I can see a substantial difference in intensity between vertical lines
and horizontal lines (that is, pixels which are isolated and pixels which
come in bursts).  I have always been taught that this is a symptom of
poor rise time in the video amplifier(s).

The spec claims "Video Band Width 30 MHz".

Has anyone else seen any symptom of limited video bandwidth in the MultiSync?

			Tom Crawford
			...amd!tc