[net.emacs] id AA23824; Sat, 8 Sep 84 07:37:00 edt

sjk@sri-spam (09/08/84)

Date: Sat, 8 Sep 84 04:39:42 pdt
From: Scott J. Kramer <sjk@sri-spam>
To: danberg@cca-unix, heiser@cca-unix
Subject: Re:  EMACS Support
Cc: info-emacs@cca-unix, z@cca-unix

I've received 3 blank messages; here are the "Mail" headers:

 N  5 plocar@cca-unix Fri Aug 31 15:11  14/451 "Re:  EMACS Support"
 N  6 danberg@cca-unix Tue Sep  4 14:34  13/430 "Re:  EMACS Support"
 N  7 heiser@cca-unix Wed Sep  5 02:54  16/645 "Re:  EMACS Support"
 N  8 dan@cca-unix Thu Sep  6 17:19  14/443 "Re:  EMACS Support"

I've seen a "sendmail" bug which only delivers a message's header,
then is eventually requeued with a "bad file number" error.  I was
never able to track it down and we do still occasionally get that
obscure "bad file number" error (*without* the message headers being
delivered) when attempting to deliver to some hosts, particularly
those at BBN.  I believe it's caused by incorrect gateway routing.
Maybe some variant of this is causing the truncated messages?

scott