[net.emacs] GNU emacs on Pyramid?

daveb@rtech.ARPA (Dave Brower) (05/19/85)

Has anyone gotten GNU emacs running on a Pyramid yet?  The obvious
missing pieces are an alloca() and a crt0.  I am porting it first to the
CCI Power 6 (another big 4.2) and would rather not duplicate someones
efforts on the 90x.  (The Pyramid came with binaries of Gosling's, so
its clearly possible.)

-dB
--
{amdahl|dual|sun|zehntel}\			| Overheard in Berkeley:
{ucbvax|decvax}!mtxinu    >!rtech!daveb 	| "Have you got an Apple?"

@seismo.UUCP (05/21/85)

> From: dave@rtech.ARPA
>
> Has anyone gotten GNU emacs running on a Pyramid yet?  The obvious
> missing pieces are an alloca() and a crt0.  I am porting it first to the
> CCI Power 6 (another big 4.2) and would rather not duplicate someones
> efforts on the 90x.  (The Pyramid came with binaries of Gosling's, so
> its clearly possible.)
>
> -dB
> --
> {amdahl|dual|sun|zehntel}\			| Overheard in Berkeley:
> {ucbvax|decvax}!mtxinu    >!rtech!daveb 	| "Have you got an Apple?"
> ihnp4!phoenix ___________/			| "Oh, yeah, of course."

	I have been attempting to install the GNU Emacs on our
Pyramid 90x. Apart from a few fixes in the code, what you say is
true, i.e. one needs to customize alloca() and crt0. We already have
an assembler version of alloca() (which some pyramid wiz wrote up).
I haven't yet got a bug-free implementation of crt0.c that passes
the enviroment array (the present verison clobbers it up, thus rendering
tty recognition, etc. pretty useless..).

	I will post the release, as installed in Pyramid 90x, as set of
diffs on the regular sourcers, alloca.s and crt0.c, as soon as I am done
(which I hope would by the end of the current week..)

							--Vijay--