[net.emacs] GNU emacs for Ultrix?

maxwell@babel.DEC (06/20/85)

Has anyone ported GNU emacs to Ultrix, and would be willing to write a tape?
I'm too used to using emacs on VMS to (choke) learn vi on Ultrix....

-+- Sid Maxwell, DEC @ Spit Brook, Nashua NH

louie@umd5.UUCP (06/21/85)

In article <2794@decwrl.UUCP> maxwell@babel.DEC writes:
>Has anyone ported GNU emacs to Ultrix, and would be willing to write a tape?
>I'm too used to using emacs on VMS to (choke) learn vi on Ultrix....
>
>-+- Sid Maxwell, DEC @ Spit Brook, Nashua NH

I'm a little surprized to here this question from a DEC person; ULTRIX *is*
for all practical purposes 4.2 BSD.  We're running the stock version of
GNU EMACS on a VAX 11/750 under ULTRIX 1.0, and the very same binary EMACS on
a MicroVAX I running ULTRIX 1.1.  It works.

--
Louis A. Mamakos WA3YMH   University of Maryland, Computer Science Center
 Internet: louie@umd5.arpa

root@decum.UUCP (06/25/85)

I installed the GNU EMACS on my ULTRIX system. I had no problems and it
is running fine. You should be able to get a copy from inside the US.
You should aks the people from 'decvax'.

	achim brede, DEC csc-tec munich @ RTO (GYCSC1::ACHIM)