[net.emacs] Emacs manual

saj@mit-prep (07/19/85)

From: Scott Jones <saj@mit-prep>
We finally won! After some coaxing, we now have a reasonable printout
of an impressive manual for GNU emacs. Kudos to RMS. Anyone is welcome
to copy my original from the MIT dover (if you're in the vicinity).

--Scott

Why does the Gnu Emacs manual 1) make use of invalid characters
(^F) and 2) set the horizontal & vertical page offsets?  It doesn't
TeXify very well at any standard installation.  (If your DVI file
driver doesn't default to 1" margins for \hoffset=0.0pt \voffset=0.0pt,
it's broken.)

(Other than that, it looks pretty good...)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris@umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris@maryland

turner@saber.UUCP (D'arc Angel @ The Houses of the Holy) (07/20/85)

> From: Scott Jones <saj@mit-prep>
> We finally won! After some coaxing, we now have a reasonable printout
> of an impressive manual for GNU emacs. Kudos to RMS. Anyone is welcome
> to copy my original from the MIT dover (if you're in the vicinity).
>
> --Scott

and if we're not ? please i am out here in 'too expensive to xfer over the
phone lines' land. how do i get the new emacs and manual ?--
			god bless Lily St. Cyr
			 -Rocky Horror Picture Show

Name:	James Turner
Mail:	Saber Technology, 2381 Bering Drive, San Jose, California 95131
AT&T:	(408) 945-9600 x75
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!saber!turner
	...{amd,ihnp4,ittvax}!saber!turner