[net.emacs] Port of emacs to AT sys5

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (09/08/85)

In article <5228@mit-eddie.UUCP> delp@huey.udel.edu writes:
>	I see things through the code that indicate that someone is
>already doing some sys5 work.  I am working on a port to the IBM AT
>under sys5 r2.  Can I get in touch with whoever is doing the USG port?
>
>-gary

I completed our System V Release 2 port here several weeks ago and have been
running it on a daily basis without incident.  This is a fully functional
GNU emacs with interactive shell windows and all.  My changes have been
turned back over to rms for inclusion in the standard distribution and
I suspect they should be available shortly through normal distribution
channels.

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,dual}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145

delp@huey.udel.edu (09/09/85)

From: Gary Delp <delp@huey.udel.edu>
Hello all,

lasse@daab.UUCP (Lars Hammarstrand) (09/12/85)

In article <560@unisoft.UUCP> fnf@unisoft.UUCP (Fred Fish) answers:

>I completed our System V Release 2 port here several weeks ago and have been
>running it on a daily basis without incident.  This is a fully functional
>GNU emacs with interactive shell windows and all.  My changes have been
>turned back over to rms for inclusion in the standard distribution and
>I suspect they should be available shortly through normal distribution
>channels.
>
>-Fred

Oh, great!
But what shall I do to get it to Sweden?, I mean what is the normal
distribution channel for me?.

I have worked whith it for about 3 months now, and if it wasn't for the
long variable names it would be complete now, so the question is: Did you use
any special program to convert those variables to shorter ones? (I mean, you can
have use of it in the future). I'm running a UniPlus+ SysVr2 port on a Cromemco
Sys 300 so we should in fact have the same problems!

Regards from Sweden,
and (me) ..,

	Lars Hammarstrand.
	Datorisering AB, Stockholm, SWEDEN.

	UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,philabs}!{mcvax,ukc,unido}!enea!daab!lasse
	ARPA:	decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse@berkley.ARPA
		decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse@seismo.ARPA