[net.emacs] copies of outgoing sendmail messages

dms@mit-hermes (09/23/85)

From: David M. Siegel <dms@mit-hermes>
Does anyone have some hacks to sendmail to allow copies of all
outgoing messages to be append to an Rmail file?

I know I can bcc: messages to myself, but that tends to clutter up my
mail file. I'd rather just have them automatically appended to a file.

Thanks,
-Dave

philipp@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (09/23/85)

From: philipp@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
If you use Mail(1), put in your .mailrc file the line

	set record={your-home-dir}/{mail-record-file}

and this will log your mail.
It depends only on the front-end you use.  The reader, not the router.

saj@mit-prep (09/23/85)

From: Scott Jones <saj@mit-prep>
well, you can have all messages recorded in a file by doing
"set record=<filename>" in your .mailrc file. Emacs could then
convert this standard mail format file into whatever it wanted...

--scott

dms@mit-hermes (09/23/85)

From: David M. Siegel <dms@mit-hermes>
   Date: Sun, 22 Sep 85 21:22:31 edt
   From: Scott Jones <saj@mit-prep>

   well, you can have all messages recorded in a file by doing
   "set record=<filename>" in your .mailrc file. Emacs could then
   convert this standard mail format file into whatever it wanted...

This doesn't work--- probably because gnu sendmail calls
/usr/lib/sendmail directly. I don't think /usr/lib/sendmail has any
hooks to put copies of messages in a file.