[net.emacs] Unix PC port

larry@JPL-VLSI.ARPA (01/18/86)

From: larry@JPL-VLSI.ARPA
Has anyone ported Emacs to the 68000-based Unix PC (the 7300)?  If so, please
mail us the config.h, s-template.h, and m-template.h files for it.

Also, I'm unclear where we get shortnames/remap.h file. I can't find it in
/u2/emacs/...
				Thanks.		Larry @ jpl-vlsi

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (Fred Fish) (01/19/86)

In article <998@mit-eddie.UUCP> larry@JPL-VLSI.ARPA writes:
>Also, I'm unclear where we get shortnames/remap.h file. I can't find it in
>/u2/emacs/...

The "remap.h" file is created dynamically on the target system, since it
is system specific (it must take into account defines in /usr/include/...).
You should have received a "shortnames" directory with all the appropriate
pieces to make a remap.h file.

-Fred