[net.emacs] echo-keystrokes

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (Fred Fish) (02/07/86)

In article <588@smeagol.UUCP> earle@smeagol.UUCP (Greg Earle) writes:
>control.  In Emacs, whenever I try to execute a Meta command, it always
>attempts to display the 'ESC' in the minibuffer, no matter how quickly I
>follow the ESC with the second keystroke.  Unfortunately, somehow the

One of the first things I did was set the variable "echo-keystrokes" to
10 in my emacs startup file.  This means you have 10 seconds to think
before emacs echos your multi-character sequences in the minibuffer.

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,dual}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145