[net.emacs] emacs on CP/M

bruce@stride.UUCP (04/19/86)

In article <568@tjalk.UUCP> dick@tjalk.UUCP (Dick Grune) writes:
>This may be known to many of you, but it came as a surprise to everybody here,
>and I for one had certainly not expected to find emacs on CP/M, on a Z80.

Emacs has been available for quite a while on Z80s running CP/M.  There
is a product called Mince (which means Mince Is Not Complete Emacs),
distributed by Mark of the Unicorn.  In fact, I've heard it rumored that
Mince and PerfectWriter had common origins at one time.

Mince doesn't have an extensibility language, but if I remember correctly
it does have keyboard macros.  You can also edit files much larger than
your 64K of RAM... Mince implements a software demand paging system to
enable it to maintain buffers larger than available RAM.
--

	Bruce Robertson
	UUCP: cbosgd!utah-cs!utah-gr!stride!bruce