[net.emacs] Flow Control problems in GNU Emacs:

wombat@ccvaxa.UUCP (04/24/86)

It looks like ^\ and ^^ (= ^~) are becoming the standard replacements for
^s/^q. Unfortunately, ^^ is the magic cookie for the terminal concentrator
I'm connected to. Is a secondary standard emreging? (Are there any control
characters left?)

"When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all."
				Roger Zelazny, *Doorways in the Sand*

						Wombat
					ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!wombat

figmo@atari.UUcp (Lynn Gold) (04/26/86)

In article <11600012@ccvaxa>, wombat@ccvaxa.UUCP writes:

> It looks like ^\ and ^^ (= ^~) are becoming the standard replacements for
> ^s/^q. Unfortunately, ^^ is the magic cookie for the terminal concentrator
> I'm connected to. Is a secondary standard emreging? (Are there any control
> characters left?)

I've used ^XS and ^XQ even though they are defined as other things.
One idea might be to allow ^\ to be another prefix.  Another is to use
^CS and ^CQ; both are currently undefined, and both are similar to the
commands you are trying to make up for.

--Lynn
--
                                   Atari Corp.
                                        1196 Borregas Ave.

| The opinions represented in this posting are mine.  Any resemblance |
| between these and my employer's opinions is purely coincidental.    |

ron@brl-sem.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (04/29/86)

> I've used ^XS and ^XQ even though they are defined as other things.
> One idea might be to allow ^\ to be another prefix.  Another is to use
> ^CS and ^CQ; both are currently undefined, and both are similar to the
> commands you are trying to make up for.

The problem here is that there are ^X^S bindings, also, by just globally
saying that whereever you would have used ^S use ^\ solves this problem
as well.

-Ron