[net.emacs] One fix for two bugs in GNU Emacs 17.61

hrp@cray.UUCP (Hal Peterson) (05/14/86)

[]

Later, in article <320@cray.UUCP>, I wrote:

> Every time our dumped emacs starts up, it feeps and puts the message,
> "Wrong type argument: listp, 454660" in the minibuffer.

Last weekend, I finally took a deep breath and waded in with adb, and
found that these are two symptoms of one problem:  an incorrect declaration
in terminfo.c.  Here is the diff (terminfo.c is the fixed version and
terminfo.c.dist is the original):

*** terminfo.c	Sat May 10 21:48:35 1986
--- terminfo.c.dist	Sat May 10 21:43:31 1986
***************
*** 22,28

  #include "config.h"

! char* UP, BC, PC;
  short ospeed;

  #ifdef NO_ARG_ARRAY

--- 22,28 -----

  #include "config.h"

! char UP, BC, PC;
  short ospeed;

  #ifdef NO_ARG_ARRAY

Lint would have picked this up, but I suppose that all of the 24-bit
pointer stuff would drown real error messages in a sea of spurious
complaints.  Sigh.
--
Hal Peterson / Cray Research / 1440 Northland Dr. / Mendota Hts, MN  55120
	UUCP:  ihnp4!cray!hrp		phone:  (612) 681-3085