[net.music] Lyrics Wanted

bernar@uwvax.ARPA (Bernardo Feijoo) (08/10/83)

Subject: Lyrics wanted
Newsgroups: net.music, net.records

	I need the lyrics of a song by Elton John that appears in his
"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album, and is called "Candle in the wind".

	I appreciate any of you who have those lyrics to send them to
me via mail or post them in the net.

	Thanks a lot guys and gals!.

				Bernardo Feijoo
				(C.S. Department)
				(U. of Wisconsin-Madison)

denn@ihuxl.UUCP (Dennis Dale) (10/17/83)

Several weeks ago, I heard the song used as the theme for the television
show "Cheers" all the way through. I belive the title of the song is
something like "Where Nobody Knows Your Name". It's too bad that more
of the lyrics couldn't be played at the beginning and the end of the
show because they are very funny. If anyone knows the lyrics, please
post them to the net.

	Thanks - Dennis Dale @ BTL Naperville, IL
p.s.
	I am also looking for the lyrics to "Suicide is Painless", the
theme song for M.A.S.H.

walsh@ihuxi.UUCP (B. Walsh) (10/20/83)

I don't have the lyrics to the Cheers song, but here are the lyrics for
Suicide is Painless from M*A*S*H:

   Through early morning fog I see
   visions of the things to be,
   the pains that are withheld for me.
   I realize and I can see, that

   (Chorus)

   suicide is painless,
   it brings on many changes,
   and I can take or leave it if I please.

2. I try to find a way to make
   all our little joys relate
   without that ever-present hate
   but now I know that it's too late.
   And, (Chorus)

3. The game of life is hard to play,
   I'm going to lose it anyway,
   the losing card I'll someday lay,
   So this is all I have to say,
   that (Chorus)

4. Ths only way to win, is cheat
   and lay it down before I'm beat,
   and to another give a seat
   for that's the only painless feat.
   'Cause (Chorus)

5. The sword of time will pierce our skins,
   it doesn't hurt when it begins
   but as it works it's way on in,
   the pain grows stronger, watch it grin.
   For, (Chorus)

6. A brave man once requested me
   to answer questions that are key,
   is it to be or not to be
   and I replied "Oh, why ask me?"
   'Cause (Chorus)

Pretty uplifting stuff, heh? You should send a copy to net.suicide.
Don't blame me, Mike Altman wrote the lyrics.

                                   B. Walsh

sdd@pyuxh.UUCP (S Daniels) (12/10/85)

Anyone have the lyrics to "Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer?"

I know the Chorus:
   Grandma got run over by a raindeer
   Coming home from our house Christmas eve.
   You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
   But, as for me and Grandpa, we believe.

However, the rest of the song escapes me.

Would someone be so kind as to e-mail the rest of the song, and
I'll post to the net.

Thanks in Advance!
--
Steve Daniels (!pyuxh!sdd) "I'm counting the smiles on the road to Utopia."