[net.emacs] How to automatically start auto-fill-mode in Gnuemacs 'mail'?

elg@usl.UUCP (Eric Lee Green) (07/03/86)

In article <41@wanginst.UUCP> davis@wanginst.UUCP (Franklin Davis) writes:

>I want auto-fill-mode to be on automatically when I use the 'mail'
>command...
I did (setq text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill), and one side effect
seemed to be to do auto-fill in Email (perhaps because one of my other
lines says "(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)"). Don't know why,
but I like it. I'm using GNU Emacs 17.56.

--
--------Mandatory quote:------------
"The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with a