[net.emacs] hostname in mode line?

ambar@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Jean Marie Diaz) (07/06/86)

In article <2408@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> douglis@kim.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>Does anyone have a way to get the hostname in each mode line?  When I
>run emacs under X, I don't have a header on the window to tell me
>which host I'm running on, and the only way I have to find out with
>which machine an emacs is associated is to go to its shell subwindow.

First, include a line in your .login to the effect that
'host = hostname'.  Then try something like this:

(setq default-mode-line-format		;to distinguish from CCA lusemacs
      (concat "%*%*%*GNU " (getenv "host") " %b  %M %[(%m)%] %3p %-"))

(setq mode-line-format default-mode-line-format)

--

					AMBAR
		"I need something to change your mind...."