[net.emacs] emacs for non-Unix OSs

neville@ads.ARPA (08/26/86)

From: neville@ads.ARPA (Neville Newman)

i know about the VMS version of GNU Emacs, but would
like to know about any other ports of GNU Emacs to
systems like OS/9, CP/M-68K, etc.  Note that i am
not talking about GNU-like versions of the microEmacs
programs.

						-neville

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (08/28/86)

In article <3017@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> neville@ads.ARPA writes:
>From: neville@ads.ARPA (Neville Newman)
>

>i know about the VMS version of GNU Emacs, but would
>like to know about any other ports of GNU Emacs to
>systems like OS/9, CP/M-68K, etc.  Note that i am
>not talking about GNU-like versions of the microEmacs
>programs.
>
>						-neville

     There have been ports of MicroEMACS to both OS-9 and CP/M 68K.  I have
a port for 6809 and 68K versions of OS-9.  Peter Dibble ported a version (I
think 3.6) to OS-9 68K.  You could try to get in touch with Peter at Rochester
or perhaps Kim Kempf at Microware.

Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura