[net.emacs] GNU Emacs Programming Documentation

olsen@ll-xn.ARPA (Jim Olsen) (09/26/86)

Apart from the source code and the GNU Emacs Manual, is there any
documentation on GNU Emacs Lisp or the internal structure of GNU Emacs?

Please respond directly to me.  I will post a summary of responses.
--
Jim Olsen	olsen@ll-xn.ARPA
		...!{caip,decvax,lll-crg,mit-eddie,seismo}!ll-xn!olsen

olsen@ll-xn.ARPA (Jim Olsen) (10/07/86)

I recently posted an inquiry about GNU Emacs programming documentation.  I
thank Paul Rubin, Brian Marick, Daniel LaLiberte, Robert Krawitz, and Matt
Crawford for responding.  Here's what I found out:

	1. Robert Krawitz (rlk@athena.mit.edu) has written a document
	   called 'Lisp Functions and Emacs Commands'.  It's not a
	   reference manual, and it's not really finished, but it is
	   quite informative.  The document is now about 30 kbytes long.

	2. Daniel LaLiberte (liberte@b.cs.uiuc.edu,ihnp4!uiucdcs!liberte)
	   is coordinating the collective writing of an emacs-lisp manual,
	   with occasional advice from RMS.  The manual is "nowhere near
	   finalized, or even fully begun..."

--
Jim Olsen	olsen@ll-xn.ARPA  or  olsen@xn.ll.mit.edu  or
		...!{caip,decvax,lll-crg,mit-eddie,seismo}!ll-xn!olsen

rlk@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Robert L Krawitz) (10/08/86)

In article <421@ll-xn.ARPA> olsen@ll-xn.ARPA (Jim Olsen) writes:
>I recently posted an inquiry about GNU Emacs programming documentation.  I
>thank Paul Rubin, Brian Marick, Daniel LaLiberte, Robert Krawitz, and Matt
>Crawford for responding.  Here's what I found out:
>
>	1. Robert Krawitz (rlk@athena.mit.edu) has written a document
>	   called 'Lisp Functions and Emacs Commands'.  It's not a
>	   reference manual, and it's not really finished, but it is
>	   quite informative.  The document is now about 30 kbytes long.

I've received a lot of requests for this.  I posted it to net.sources,
because I don't want to flood our and other people's mailers with the
thing.  It's basically in a condition that is usable, but it hasn't
been texinfoed.

>	2. Daniel LaLiberte (liberte@b.cs.uiuc.edu,ihnp4!uiucdcs!liberte)
>	   is coordinating the collective writing of an emacs-lisp manual,
>	   with occasional advice from RMS.  The manual is "nowhere near
>	   finalized, or even fully begun..."

This project is what I originally wrote it for.  It was (and still is)
to be a chapter for that manual.

>--
>Jim Olsen	olsen@ll-xn.ARPA  or  olsen@xn.ll.mit.edu  or
>		...!{caip,decvax,lll-crg,mit-eddie,seismo}!ll-xn!olsen
--
Robert^Z