[net.emacs] Bogus Unipress Emacs transient windows

chongo@amdahl.UUCP (Landon Curt Noll) (10/16/86)

In article <3473@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> barmar@mit-eddie (Barry Margolin) writes:
 >The original poster has things backwards.  Gosling invented the use of
 >permanent buffers for transient information.

No, nothing was backwards.  My 'old-days' in emacs start at Gosling permanent
buffers time.  Your 'old-days' go back farther I gather.

 >						It sounds as if Unipress
 >finally excised it.

Rather than 'excise' something Unipress didn't like, why didn't they
set it up as an option?  I would like to be able to turn this bug/feature
on-off at my choice.  Any ideas on the best way to do this?

chongo <> /\oo/\
--
	    [people at Amdahl Corp never say things like this]