[net.decus] vt125 and HLS Specification

ramer@uab_cs.UUCP (03/19/85)

Subject: Color & vt125 Terminal
Newsgroups: net.decus net.info-terms

	After some checking on monitors for use with the vt125
   I have tried to test the claim that 64 colors are available
   on the external monitor.  A routine was written to span the
   HLS color model so that a group of colors would (I hoped) be
   displayed.  However, try as I might only 4 different colors
   could be displayed using various mappings of the memory planes.

        The literature on the terminal states that using the HLS
   specification you CAN display 64 colors (6 bits).  Am I missing
   a key point ?  Is it necessary to write to the individual planes ?
   (e.g. w(f0) w(f1), etc.)

	Any help is appreciated.  Please mail replys to

                ....sb6!scbhq!uab_cs!ramer