[net.decus] queueing jobs to a lineprinter from macro-11

marco@andromeda.UUCP (the wharf rat) (02/28/86)

	I have a situation where I have to queue a file for printing
at a lineprinter set up as a terminal queue from a macro-11 program.
I know how to print a buffer at a lineprinter, but can't figure
out how to queue a file for printing.  What I want to do is
execute "print/que=tte0:/nofeed" from the program, without
any kludges like $creprc.  We are running VMS 4.2 on an 11/780.
Anyone out here in netland got an idea?

                                               Lou Marco
                                               Rutgers, Newark

jbs@mit-eddie.UUCP (Jeff Siegal) (03/01/86)

In article <105@andromeda.UUCP> marco@andromeda.UUCP (the wharf rat) writes:

>	I have a situation where I have to queue a file for printing
>at a lineprinter set up as a terminal queue from a macro-11 program.
>I know how to print a buffer at a lineprinter, but can't figure
>out how to queue a file for printing.  What I want to do is
>execute "print/que=tte0:/nofeed" from the program, without
>any kludges like $creprc.  We are running VMS 4.2 on an 11/780.
>Anyone out here in netland got an idea?

Use SET DEVICE/SPOOL.  Then you can queue something to the printer by
just opening the terminal device and writing the data out to it.

Jeff Siegal - MIT EECS