[net.decus] Found in net.unix

marco@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU (the wharf rat) (07/25/86)

>check out the article in "unix review" july issue on page 50.
>it's an interview with richard searle, a vp at citibank/tti, the
>technical arm of citibank.  they have decided to do their transaction
>processing ALL ON UNIX!
>[...]
>read it, and weep vms fans!

	I can't wait for the day some clerk types :
"mv old/accounts/* new/accounts/* ".  Or for the day they start up the
check sorter and get "/dev/checksorter : not a typewriter" :-)  B.T.W,
I have a friend at Citibank, and I thought they were commited to Burroughs
for this sort of thing.

                                   Good luck, Citibank,
                                                   W.rat

billr@ism780c.UUCP (Bill Rizzi) (07/28/86)

In article <477@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU> marco@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU (the wharf rat) writes:

>>check out the article in "unix review" july issue on page 50.
>>it's an interview with richard searle, a vp at citibank/tti, the
>>technical arm of citibank.  they have decided to do their transaction
>>processing ALL ON UNIX!
>>[...]
>>read it, and weep vms fans!
>
>	I can't wait for the day some clerk types :
>"mv old/accounts/* new/accounts/* ".  Or for the day they start up the
>check sorter and get "/dev/checksorter : not a typewriter" :-)  B.T.W,
>I have a friend at Citibank, and I thought they were commited to Burroughs
>for this sort of thing.
>
>                                   Good luck, Citibank,
>                                                   W.rat

	It appears that Mr. Searle has perhaps reconsidered his
decision to use UNIX-based transaction processing as I am told that he is
no longer involved with the project or Citibank/TTI. You may draw your
own conclusions.

	Dry-eyed and smiling :-)