[net.decus] PD vi for VMS?

btb@ncoast.UUCP (Brad Banko) (10/28/86)

Hello,
	Do you know of any PD vi editors that will run under VMS... vi would
be ideal for its full-screen capabilities, an optimal performance over slow
lines, and ALSO its use of the standard qwerty KEYBOARD... please send me a
reply if you know of something like this, or if you know of something else
that might fit the bill...  Thanks,

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicarious Oyster) (10/29/86)

In article <1642@ncoast.UUCP> btb@ncoast.UUCP (Brad Banko) writes:
>Hello,
>	Do you know of any PD vi editors that will run under VMS... vi would
>be ideal for its full-screen capabilities...

>...or anything else that might fit the bill...  Thanks,

   Well, if you want to leave the PD requirement behind (far, far behind),
try using EUNICE, VMS' unix emulator.  One of our VMS machines here runs
EUNICE, and I use vi through it whenever I need to edit on the cluster
(and that even though I'm supposed to be teaching people how to use EDT).
--

 - Joel ({allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster)