[can.general] can.general discussion

banner@ubc-vision.CDN (Allen Banner) (04/18/85)

> I.E. information in this group should be of interest to ALL.  Not much
> recently has been.  Either we need more can.* newsgroups, or, better yet,
> a lot of these discussions could move to can.politics.

What would you rather talk about?...it's sunny here in Vancouver
today...what's the weather like out there?...

--
Al Banner

banner@ubc.vision.UUCP

dudek@utai.UUCP (Gregory Dudek) (04/19/85)

>> Either we need more can.* newsgroups, or, better yet,
>> a lot of these discussions could move to can.politics.
>
>What would you rather talk about?...it's sunny here in Vancouver
>today...what's the weather like out there?...
    My impression was that newgroups like can.general were for
bulletins, announcements, queries and SHORT
discussions.  Long ongoing debates should be relegated to some
other group (like can.followup) so that people who get tired of the
current ongoing debates don't have to unsubscribe from the basic
group and miss finding out about NEW issues, etc.
    Gregory Dudek.

msb@lsuc.UUCP (Mark Brader) (04/20/85)

Background (just a few lines, bear with me):

Gregory Dudek writes:

>     My impression was that newgroups like can.general were for
> bulletins, announcements, queries and SHORT discussions.

Correct!  NOW can we move the SDI and Zundel/Keegstra to can.politics?

> Long ongoing debates should be relegated to some
> other group (like can.followup) ...

Can.followup was removed a couple of months ago, at my instigation,
because there wasn't enough traffic in can.general for can.followup
to be needed, and in fact, can.followup was not being used.  At all.

Nor is there a sufficient volume of *appropriate* traffic in can.general
now to justify a new group, since the current discussions can sit
happily in can.politics.  Once more: let's put them there!

Mark Brader