[can.general] Canadian toll-free number for telling Coke what you want

dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) (07/12/85)

I just heard an interview (on CFRB radio) with the president
of Coca-Cola Canada Ltd.  The Canadian company has not decided
yet whether to offer the old Coke alongside the new Coke.
The have set up a toll-free number, which goes into operation
at 9 a.m. (EDT?) tomorrow, July 12.  They will take calls for
three weeks and then decide what to do.

The number is:
		1-900-720-0050

If you want the old Coke back (as I do), call!

Dave Sherman
Toronto
--
{  ihnp4!utzoo  pesnta  utcs  hcr  decvax!utcsri  }  !lsuc!dave

perelgut@utai.UUCP (Stephen Perelgut) (07/12/85)

	1-900-720-0050	Doesn't work.
However,
	1-900-200-COKE	is a recording thanking you for voting for OLD COKE

Call early, call often.  CALL!!!!!!!

P.S.  Auto-dialers count too!
--
Stephen Perelgut    Computer Systems Research Institute, University of Toronto

wbell@utcs.UUCP (Warren Bell) (07/12/85)

In article <705@lsuc.UUCP> dave@lsuc.UUCP (David Sherman) writes:
>I just heard an interview (on CFRB radio) with the president
>of Coca-Cola Canada Ltd.  The Canadian company has not decided
>yet whether to offer the old Coke alongside the new Coke.
>The have set up a toll-free number, which goes into operation
>at 9 a.m. (EDT?) tomorrow, July 12.  They will take calls for
>three weeks and then decide what to do.
>
>The number is:
>		1-900-720-0050
>
>If you want the old Coke back (as I do), call!
>
>Dave Sherman
>Toronto
>--
>{  ihnp4!utzoo  pesnta  utcs  hcr  decvax!utcsri  }  !lsuc!dave

Apparently, they have *changed* that number to:

              1-900-200-COKE

(This was reported on CKO this morning at 0700 EDT. They made a point of the
fact that the number from yesterday would not work.)
--
----
University of Toronto Computing Services	       Warren Bell

BITNET: wbell at utoronto

ron@mnetor.UUCP (07/12/85)

>    Coca-Cola Canada Ltd. ...
> The have set up a toll-free number, which goes into operation
> at 9 a.m. (EDT?) tomorrow, July 12.  They will take calls for
> three weeks and then decide what to do.
>
> The number is:
> 		1-900-720-0050

In actual fact the number is:
		1-900-200-COKE

What you get is a recording thanking you for taking the time to
call, and telling you that your vote in favor of the old coke has
been automatically recorded.

Happy dialing,
--
Ron Miller
UUCP:  {decvax|allegra|ihnp4|linus|utcsri}!utzoo!mnetor!ron

clewis@mnetor.UUCP (07/12/85)

Just a little note (picky I'm sure, but it may prevent some people
from accidentally putting charges onto somebody else's phone):

	"900" numbers are NOT toll-free.

Ma Bell charges you 50 cents per call.  (I found that out when they
were using 900 numbers for polls during the Ontario Conservative Leadership
Convention)
--
Chris Lewis,
UUCP: {allegra, linus, ihnp4}!utzoo!mnetor!clewis

rsanderson@wateng.UUCP (Roger K. Sanderson P.Eng.) (07/12/85)

It is my understanding that 900 numbers cost $0.50 a shot.

--

               Roger Sanderson
               Electrical Engineering Dept.

               {decvax,allegra,ihnp4}!watmath!wateng!rsanderson

tarvydas@utcsri.UUCP (Paul Tarvydas) (07/13/85)

> 	"900" numbers are NOT toll-free.

This morning, CKO was saying that COKE had worked out some arrangement
with Bell so that there would be no charge to callers of the COKE 900
number.

Paul Tarvydas