[can.general] Totally unrelated question

rob@arcsun.UUCP (07/09/87)

In article <225@Mannix.iros1.UUCP>, fortin@iros1.UUCP (Denis Fortin) writes:
> In article <5042@utcsri.UUCP> flaps@utcsri.UUCP (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:
> >
> >>There are French net.readers and there are English net.readers...
> >>Since 99,9% of the net.news are in English, all readers must be able to
> >         ^ (good thing I speak French numerals)
>
> A quick (and totally unrelated) question: Isn't that standard in metric?
> And if so, isn't that supposed to be the standard in Canada these days?

I don't care if it's the standard or not! As an Albertan, I reserve the
right to take a redneck stand on pointless issues, and in that vein I
refuse to acknowledge a 99,9% majority, or pay 0,99$ for any item.

Put the comma in its place!
Rob Aitken
...calgary!arcsun!rob  - OR -  aitken@noah.arc.cdn

Disclaimer: As long as the Alberta Research Council gets the commas and
            periods straight on my paycheques, we'll both be happy.