[can.general] Vancouver Dining

dkatz@zaphod.UUCP (Dave Katz) (01/29/88)

I wish I could post this to a narrower geographic area and still hit
Vancouver, but . . .

My wife and I will be in Vancouver around the middle of February and
were planning to celebrate our anniversary by going to a fine restaurant
in the Vancouver area.  Can anyone recommend a good restaurant
preferably Continental or French cuisine?  (A few years ago we were in
Victoria and were impressed by La Petit Columbe [?spelling].  That sort of
place would be great.)

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
--
Dave Katz, Data Processing Manager
Develcon Electronics Ltd  +-------------------------------------------------+

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (02/01/88)

In article <2201@zaphod.UUCP> dkatz@zaphod.UUCP (Dave Katz) writes:

>I wish I could post this to a narrower geographic area and still hit
>Vancouver, but . . .
>
>My wife and I will be in Vancouver around the middle of February and
>were planning to celebrate our anniversary by going to a fine restaurant
>in the Vancouver area.  Can anyone recommend a good restaurant
>preferably Continental or French cuisine?  (A few years ago we were in
>Victoria and were impressed by La Petit Columbe [?spelling].  That sort of
>place would be great.)

We celebrate our anniversaries at the William Tell. It features Swiss
cuisine. And is one of the best (if not the best) restaurants in town.

With children etc, we find that we far prefer to go out occassionaly, but to
splurge a bit and make it something special rather than commonplace.

You can be assured of a very relaxed evening of execllent food and wine.
It has superb cooking, excellent service, and a very extensive wine list,
with many selections you won't see in the liquor store.

Dinner for two, with cocktails, and a reasonable bottle of wine will run
about $150 plus tips. Parking is by valet. They are across from the new BC
Place Stadium.

Be sure to make reservations in advance.

My personnel recommendation is the Chef's Dinner. This is a six course meal
which never fails to pique my interest and my taste buds.

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532