[can.general] can.sun-stroke ?

rayan@ai.toronto.edu (Rayan Zachariassen) (05/09/88)

There is internal desire (== pressures) at UofT for extending the local
UofT Sun User Group mailing list into a newsgroup, and I gather desire
from outside UofT to get access to whatever we come up with.  Coupled
with the recent formation of a regional SUG (which of course aspires to
be The National SUG :-), this makes it desirable to have a wide forum for
Sun stuff.

It has been suggested that we create a country-wide newsgroup, letting
distributions take care of restricting postings to a region or city or
institution (like they're supposed to...).  Unless I get some heavy-duty
negative reaction (to counterbalance the forces that want this :-), I'll
create such a group in a few days.  Note: at this time, this is purely a
UofT SUG initiative independent of any other SIG or SUG.  This group would
mostly cater to system people and groupies, sort of a Canadian version of
Sun-Spots I suppose (so all the Real People can tune out now).

Comments?

rayan

glee@cognos.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (05/20/88)

In article <88May11.090950edt.26754@ephemeral.ai.toronto.edu> rayan@ai.toronto.edu (Rayan Zachariassen) writes:
>It has been suggested that we create a country-wide newsgroup, letting
>distributions take care of restricting postings to a region or city or
>institution (like they're supposed to...).

>Comments?

You have my YES vote, so long as the group is unmoderated.
--
Godfrey Lee                                      P.O. Box 9707
Cognos Incorporated                              3755 Riverside Dr.