[can.general] Spectrix going away...

clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris "where are you this week?" Lewis) (06/29/88)

As alluded to in an earlier mailing to some people, I warned about
spectrix leaving the net.  Now I can broadcast this and give a few
more details:

	1) Spectrix has decided to cease to exist, and has sold the
	   useable pieces ("businesses", not "boards").
	2) Spectrix is *not* going bankrupt.  Actually, the investors
	   got bored.
	3) Spectrix Field Support and Maintenance will be resurrected
	   by some other company.  However, nobody's yet told *us* who
	   is picking up the contracts.
	4) Spectrix will cease to exist UUCP-wise sometime Thursday
	   June 30th.
	5) I'm not one of the "useable pieces" ;-)  Nor are most of
	   the other people here - we've been terminated as of June 30.

	   However, most of the "unuseable pieces" will be resurrecting
	   *themselves* at a new location July 4th - independence day.
	   [Including myself]

	   However, net access to the new system will probably lag by
	   a couple of weeks.

Mail for me can be addressed to clewis@lsuc after June 30th until I
can the new system all linked up.
--
Chris Lewis,
These addresses will last only til June 30: (clewis@lsuc afterwards)

John_M@spectrix.UUCP (John Macdonald) (06/30/88)

In article <694@spectrix.UUCP> clewis@spectrix.UUCP
    (Chris "where are you this week?" Lewis) writes:

> [...]
>
>Mail for me can be addressed to clewis@lsuc after June 30th until I
>can the new system all linked up.

Mail for myself can similarily be sent to jmm@lsuc for now.
(-: I will try to prevent Chris from canning the new system :-)
--
John Macdonald   UUCP:    lsuc!jmm  (for now)

clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis) (07/05/88)

Boy oh boy did I goof...

Thru some sort of major confusion I posted a message that Spectrix
would be leaving the net.  That isn't the case - Spectrix has not
ceased to exist and will continue on the net.

Sorry for the major confusion.

#include "special disclaimer":

Spectrix is pleased to announce that I am not their official spokesman.
--
Chris Lewis,
UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, lsuc, yunexus}!spectrix!clewis

brian@ncrcan.Toronto.NCR.COM (Brian Onn) (07/07/88)

In article <707@spectrix.UUCP> clewis@spectrix.UUCP (Chris Lewis) writes:

>Boy oh boy did I goof...
>
>Thru some sort of major confusion I posted a message that Spectrix
>would be leaving the net.  That isn't the case - Spectrix has not
>ceased to exist and will continue on the net.
>
>Sorry for the major confusion.
>
>#include "special disclaimer":
>
>Spectrix is pleased to announce that I am not their official spokesman.
>--
>Chris Lewis,
>UUCP: {uunet!mnetor, utcsri!utzoo, lsuc, yunexus}!spectrix!clewis

Your fired. :-)