[can.general] Canadianized version of rrcount.c

greg@xios.XIOS.UUCP (Greg Franks) (07/05/88)

Recently, a program called rrcount was posted to the net to imform the
American populace about the number of days left in Ronald Reagan's
presidency.   As we all know, Brian Mulroney (whatever) will be calling
a general election "real soon now".  Clearly, rrcount can be easily
"Canadianized" (after one corrects the BSD conversion bugs :-)).
However, one needs a suitable list of alternative names for Brian
Mulroney (such as Lyin' Brian).  So, how about we all pitch in our
favourite name for our Prime Minister.  One need not be original - steal
names used by the Honourable Opposition to describe the PM.

Please POST rather than mail so that your choice will be seen by others
and hopefully not duplicated.  Once the election is called, I'll post
the canadianized version of rrcount.c.

For those of you who wonder where rrcount.c comes from, please consult
comp.sources.misc.

Post Soon, Post often, but must importantly, don't use Canada Post!
--
Greg Franks                   XIOS Systems Corporation, 1600 Carling Avenue,
utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!xios!greg  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1Z 8R8. (613)725-5411.

alanm@dvlmarv.UUCP (Alan Matsuoka) (07/07/88)

In article <537@xios.XIOS.UUCP> greg@xios.UUCP (Greg Franks) writes:

>So, how about we all pitch in our favourite name for our Prime Minister.

My favorite it from Gary Lautens who writes for the Toronto Star.

	"B.M. the P.M."

Alan Matsuoka, Develcon Electronics, 515 Consumers Road,
Suite 500 Willowdale, ON Canada M2J 4Z2
uucp:   {decvax,ihnp4,utai,uunet}!watmath!dvlmarv!alanm  phone: (416) 495-8666
	{utai,mnetor}!lsuc!dvlmarv!alanm
	sask!zaphod!dvlmarv!alanm

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (07/08/88)

In article <537@xios.XIOS.UUCP> greg@xios.UUCP (Greg Franks) writes:
>However, one needs a suitable list of alternative names for Brian
>Mulroney (such as Lyin' Brian).  So, how about we all pitch in our
>favourite name for our Prime Minister.  One need not be original - steal
>names used by the Honourable Opposition to describe the PM.

My all time favourite is courtesy Canada's crusader against bafflegab
in all its incarnations: Dr. Foth

	The Jaw That Walks Like a Man

--
{alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA
Ain't singin' for Miller...

dave@lsuc.uucp (David Sherman) (07/08/88)

If anyone wants to post, do so as a followup to THIS article.
Then your posting will go to can.politics, which is where all this
belongs.

Also, Reagan's presidency must end, while Mulroney's
prime ministership may continue.  So the count may not be
meaningful.  And anyway, are you really looking forward to
John Turner as Prime Minister?

David Sherman
--
{ uunet!mnetor  pyramid!utai  decvax!utcsri  utzoo } !lsuc!dave

manis@faculty.cs.ubc.ca (Vincent Manis) (07/09/88)

I'm a New Democrat, so I can hardly have any axes to grind. Here's my
suggestion:

   "The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, M.P., P.C., Prime Minister of
    Canada"

Mr Mulroney's stooping to personal insult is no justification for our
descending to the same level.

Vincent Manis                    | manis@cs.ubc.ca
The Invisible City of Kitezh     | manis@cs.ubc.cdn
Department of Computer Science   | manis@ubc.csnet
University of British Columbia   | uunet!ubc-cs!manis
<<NOTE NEW ADDRESS>>             |

> Mr Mulroney's stooping to personal insult is no justification for our
> descending to the same level.

Hey, now, insulting the PM is an old Canadian tradition... :-)
--
Anyone who buys Wisconsin cheese is  |  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
a traitor to mankind.  --Pournelle   | {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry

haviland@dalcsug.UUCP (James D. Haviland) (07/11/88)

  You realize, of course, that Brian Mulroney is the only PM with a city named
  after him... Moosejaw. So Moosejaw it is!

dre@myrias.UUCP (Duane Eitzen) (07/21/88)

In article <3370@ubc-cs.UUCP> manis@faculty.cs.ubc.ca (Vincent Manis) writes:
>I'm a New Democrat, so I can hardly have any axes to grind. Here's my
>suggestion:
>   "The Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, M.P., P.C., Prime Minister of
>    Canada"
>Mr Mulroney's stooping to personal insult is no justification for our
>descending to the same level.

You New Democrats always get this backwards. The P.M. should be taken
lightly. The economy should be taken seriously.

Duane Eitzen