[can.general] whither micomvax

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (08/24/88)

Anyone heard from micomvax within the last week? I haven't
seen a poll since Aug 12, so news is starting to pile up...
--
VE6BBM   {alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA

dave@onfcanim.UUCP (Dave Martindale) (08/25/88)

In article <10384@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>Anyone heard from micomvax within the last week? I haven't
>seen a poll since Aug 12, so news is starting to pile up...
>--
>VE6BBM   {alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA

Apparently somebody in management there has decided that micomvax is no
longer going to provide news and mail connections to the outside
world.  They stopped sending news to other sites in Montreal around
July 18, and stopped polling for mail a few days later.

I'm surprised you got called Aug 12 - I don't know of anyone in
Montreal that has heard from them in the last month.

	Dave Martindale