[can.general] micomvax

ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) (09/13/88)

In article <10390@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>First micomvax vanishes without notice, now this...

Hey, come on now.  It is my understanding from our esteemed sysop (hello
Mark) that our withdrawal as the major feed into the Montreal area was done
gently, with full communication with our connected sites, and not until
alternative connections had been established.

It had finally just got all too much, and it was time for someone else to
pay a few bills, both the resource and dollar variety.  My only wonder is
how we managed to sustain it so long!

And we do still exist....

--
Ray Dunn.                      |   UUCP: ..!philabs!micomvax!ray
Philips Electronics Ltd.       |   TEL : (514) 744-8200   Ext: 2347

lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) (09/13/88)

In article <1269@micomvax.UUCP> ray@micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) writes:
>In article <10390@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@ncc.Nexus.CA (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>>First micomvax vanishes without notice, now this...
>
>Hey, come on now.  It is my understanding from our esteemed sysop (hello
>Mark) that our withdrawal as the major feed into the Montreal area was done
>gently, with full communication with our connected sites, and not until
>alternative connections had been established.

No doubt - I just wish people would tell *me* these things :-)

--
VE6BBM   {alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon@Nexus.CA

In article <10474@ncc.Nexus.CA> lyndon@nexus.ca (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>No doubt - I just wish people would tell *me* these things :-)

Oh, sorry Lyndon.

By the way, I'm just off to lunch now.  OK?