[can.general] Canadian Usenet Users

a283@mindlink.UUCP (Steve Miller) (02/18/89)

It might be useful to generate a list of Canadian users of Usenet since such a
great majority of what's on here is of U.S. origin. I'm willing to compile such
a list and post it so anyone interested can E-mail to me the following info:
1. Name
2. City/Prov
3. Usenet signature
4. Groups Regularly Read (Optional)
send to: a283@mindlink.uucp
--
Steve_Miller@Mindlink.uucp
   We come and go  like comets

drew@lethe.UUCP (Drew Sullivan) (02/20/89)

In article <59@mindlink.UUCP> a283@mindlink.UUCP (Steve Miller) writes:
>It might be useful to generate a list of Canadian users of Usenet since such a
>great majority of what's on here is of U.S. origin. I'm willing to compile such
>a list and post it so anyone interested can E-mail to me the following info:

   Why would you want this list.  If you are interested in the information, all
you have to do is take the maps for u.can.*, get a list of site names.  As for
a user list, to get that search your news spool area for messages from sites
that are registered in the Canadian maps.  Mind you that would eliminate some
Canadian who live and work south of the border (Like Brian Kernighan)

>4. Groups Regularly Read (Optional)
   Realy?  Of the 543 newsgroups in my .newsrc, I am subscribed to 307 of them.
Do you really want a copy of my .newsrc?

   The whole idea sound either silly or bogus to me.
--
   -- Drew Sullivan, <drew@lethe.uucp>

a283@mindlink.UUCP (Steve Miller) (02/23/89)

It was realized (after initial message was sent out) that this was not a
practical idea and the thing was dropped.
Perhaps it was a naive idea, but certainly not silly or bogus.
--
Steve_Miller@Mindlink.uucp

   We come and go  like comets

      We are wanderers