[can.general] Unix Review Availability

woods@tmsoft.uucp (Greg Woods) (03/26/89)

In article <848@telly.UUCP> evan@telly.UUCP (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>In article <1989Mar23.163632.24596@tmsoft.uucp> woods@tmsoft.UUCP (Greg Woods) writes:
>>In article <2201@sparkles.dcss.McMaster.CA> dan@sparkles.UUCP (Dan Trottier) writes:
>>>How about good Unix mags?
>
>>Try Unix Review.  It's a bit expensive, but has so far been well worth
>>it to me.  (It's $52.00US for us Canadians)
>
>I agree. It's free if you live in the States, but costs here. That's a bit
>absurd, considering the cover price is $4. It's cheaper to buy it at
>newsstands.

If I remember right, I've paid more than $6.00 CAN here.

>Now, are there newsstands around here that carry it?

None with any degree of reliability or timeliness.  Lichtman's on Yonge
south of St. Clair has on occasion carried it, as did the one north of
Adelaide.  I gave up looking or begging for it and pay for the sub.
--
						Greg A. Woods.

woods@{{tmsoft,utgpu,gate,ontmoh}.UUCP,utorgpu.BITNET,gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU}
1-416-443-1734 [h]	1-416-595-5425 [w]		Toronto, Ontario, Canada