[can.general] The Nashional

gerard@uwovax.uwo.ca (Gerard Stafleu) (04/10/89)

Well, the CBC strike is over and everyone is back at work there.  So Don
Goodwin (I hope I got the name right), is no longer presenting the
"Un-National", or whatever it was called (he did a very good job, BTW).

At the end of his last performance, last Friday, he announced that the
regular people would be back: Sunday Peter Mansbridge, with Sunday
Report, and "join us tomorrow, Saturday, for the Knowlton with Knowlton
Nash".

Chances are this was a little slip-up.  However, the guy is retiring in
May.  Perhaps he saw the chance of a lifetime...?

andrew@dgbt.uucp (Andrew Patrick) (04/17/89)

In article <2048@uwovax.uwo.ca> gerard@uwovax.uwo.ca (Gerard Stafleu) writes:
>At the end of his last performance, last Friday, he announced that the
>regular people would be back: Sunday Peter Mansbridge, with Sunday
>Report, and "join us tomorrow, Saturday, for the Knowlton with Knowlton
>Nash".
>Chances are this was a little slip-up.  However, the guy is retiring in
>May.  Perhaps he saw the chance of a lifetime...?

Perhaps that's how they refer to it at the CBC :-).

---
Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.         Communications Research Centre
  (613) 990-4675              Dept. of Communications, Canada

...utzoo!bnr-vpa!bnr-rsc!dgbt!andrew
UUCP or INTERNET: andrew@dgbt.crc.dnd.ca        BITNET: andrew@doccrc