[can.general] Re^2: Canada: one or two cultures?

jdd@db.toronto.edu (John DiMarco) (07/28/89)

ead@tmsoft.uucp (Elizabeth Doucette) writes:

>                        Federally, each province doesn't get
>an equal vote.  The same number of MP's should come from each
>province.  Then you would see some changes.

Yep. Things would change, alright. For one, I'd move to PEI! :-)

Quite frankly, if the same number of MP's came from each province, residents
of less populous provinces (PEI, for example) would have much more clout
than residents of more populous provinces.

The reason why central Canada (Ontario, Quebec) has so much influence in
Federal politics is that most of Canada's population is there.

John