[can.general] Another Canada Post rip-off

miller@uwovax.uwo.ca (Greg Miller) (08/20/89)

Does Canada Post think that people who buy stamps are either
stupid or too lazy to care?  I refer to the promotion of a
pack of twelve peel-off 38 cent stamps costing $5.00.  So
that means that each one of these stamps actually costs
approximately 40.2 cents.  And what about the wasteful and
environmental unfriendly piece of glossy paper that one is
left with?

//Greg Miller

TMCLELLA@UALTAVM.BITNET (Tim Mclellan) (08/22/89)

In article <3604@uwovax.uwo.ca>, miller@uwovax.uwo.ca (Greg Miller) writes:

>I refer to the promotion of a
>pack of twelve peel-off 38 cent stamps costing $5.00.  So
>that means that each one of these stamps actually costs
>approximately 40.2 cents.

One benefit (if not good service) is when you send out wedding
invitations and have to stamp each envelope and the RSVP
envelopes.  We received such an invitation and were surprised to
see the new stamp form.

I guess for a couple of cents extra, some people will probably
find them most convenient, and probably won't find them
an environmental problem  8{( .

--
Tim McLellan                        University of Alberta
                                    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

dan@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Dan Trottier) (08/23/89)

In article <3604@uwovax.uwo.ca> miller@uwovax.uwo.ca (Greg Miller) writes:

>Does Canada Post think that people who buy stamps are either
>stupid or too lazy to care?  I refer to the promotion of a
>pack of twelve peel-off 38 cent stamps costing $5.00.  So
>that means that each one of these stamps actually costs
>approximately 40.2 cents.  And what about the wasteful and
>environmental unfriendly piece of glossy paper that one is
>left with?

This reminds me of an excellent joke I heard a few days ago....

Question:

   Why does Canada Post charge 38 cents to mail a letter?

Answer:

   10 cents for delivery, and 28 cents for storage!

--
Dan Trottier                                       dan@maccs.dcss.McMaster.CA
Dept of Computer Science                       ...!uunet!utai!utgpu!maccs!dan

kim@watsup.waterloo.edu (T. Kim Nguyen) (08/23/89)

In article <651@UALTAVM.BITNET> TMCLELLA@UALTAVM.BITNET (Tim Mclellan) writes:

   One benefit (if not good service) is when you send out wedding
   invitations and have to stamp each envelope and the RSVP
   envelopes.  We received such an invitation and were surprised to
   see the new stamp form.

   --
   Tim McLellan                        University of Alberta
				       Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Why not use normal stamps and a wet sponge?
--
T. Kim Nguyen 				  kim@watsup.waterloo.{edu|cdn}
					        kim@watsup.uwaterloo.ca

dmello@eecg.toronto.edu (Dean R. D'Mello) (08/24/89)

This reminds me of something I overheard while in line at a Post Office in
Bramalea, Ont;

Customer: ...but doesn't this service guarantee delivery in x days?

Postal Worker: The only thing I can guarantee is that it costs $6.

dean.