[can.general] Multiuser Show May30-Jun1 1990

dan@compus.UUCP (Dan Tomlinson) (08/07/90)

My name is Steve Bird. I'm the chairman of a subcommittee of Uniforum Canada
which is planning for the 1991 Multiuser Show in Toronto. I'd be interested in
your reaction to this year's show. What did you like, what didn't you like, and
what do you think should have been there. I'd be happy to recieve any suggest-
ions you may have on what you'd like to see in the 1991 show. Everyone's opinionis welcome. Please email your replies to me :
				Steve Bird
				steve@cohort.uucp
Seeing that my newsfeed was cut a while back, I shall not be able to enjoy the
debate as news. So if you wish your opinion to be considerd, please be careful
to direct it here. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful contributions.
Cooper & Horton Ltd.                        - It doesn't cost to inquire.
1180 Lorimar Dr.
Mississauga,Ont  L5S 1N1                     416-670-5110   fax 416-670-3988

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (08/08/90)

In article <1990Aug6.204936.13013@compus.UUCP> dan@compus.UUCP (Dan Tomlinson) writes:
}My name is Steve Bird. I'm the chairman of a subcommittee of Uniforum Canada
}which is planning for the 1991 Multiuser Show in Toronto. I'd be interested in
}your reaction to this year's show. What did you like, what didn't you like, and
}what do you think should have been there. I'd be happy to recieve any suggest-
}ions you may have on what you'd like to see in the 1991 show. Everyone's opinionis welcome. Please email your replies to me :
}				Steve Bird
}				steve@cohort.uucp
}Seeing that my newsfeed was cut a while back, I shall not be able to enjoy the
}debate as news. So if you wish your opinion to be considerd, please be careful
}to direct it here. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful contributions.

Maybe you should call it what it really is, Uniforum Ontario. Have one in
Quebec and out here in the West and then maybe it will really be Uniforum
Canada.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)

fortin@zap.UUCP (Denis Fortin) (08/16/90)

In article <1322@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>In article <1990Aug6.204936.13013@compus.UUCP> dan@compus.UUCP (Dan Tomlinson) writes:
>}My name is Steve Bird. I'm the chairman of a subcommittee of Uniforum Canada
>}which is planning for the 1991 Multiuser Show in Toronto.
>
>Maybe you should call it what it really is, Uniforum Ontario. Have one in
>Quebec and out here in the West and then maybe it will really be Uniforum
>Canada.

Ah ha!  But there *is* a UniForum group in Quebec.  UniForum Montreal
(affiliated to UniForum Canada) has been set up about 9 months ago.
We will be organizing regular meetings starting in September.

As far as I know, there is also a group in Quebec City and one is
getting organized in Ottawa.  Stuart, why don't you set one up in BC?
(I am one of the founding directors of the Montreal group, so if you need
information, I'd be happy to help if I can)

By the way, it might be better to send me mail than to reply if you want
to be sure I get your response because the disappearance of philmtl and
the change in computers at onfcanim have somewhat disrupted the flow of
news around here.
--
 Denis Fortin                             | fortin@zap.uucp
  DMR Group Inc.                          |  uunet!mcgill-vision!zap!fortin

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (08/19/90)

}
}Ah ha!  But there *is* a UniForum group in Quebec.  UniForum Montreal
}(affiliated to UniForum Canada) has been set up about 9 months ago.
}We will be organizing regular meetings starting in September.

I mean have a "UniForum" Canadian show in Vancouver/Montreal/Calgary/Edmonton...

}As far as I know, there is also a group in Quebec City and one is
}getting organized in Ottawa.  Stuart, why don't you set one up in BC?
}(I am one of the founding directors of the Montreal group, so if you need
}information, I'd be happy to help if I can)

We have the British Columbia Unix User's Group. It was organized by George
Pajari four or five years ago and had about 4-6 dinner meetings with speakers
annualy. It's being re-organized this year with an executive group
(previously a Board of Directors organized by George organized the dinner
meetins).

They have already three dinners planned for this fall. I'll post details when
available. The first will have John Mashey from MIPS Computers giving his
talk "MIP's, more MIP's, Never enough". The second will feature some speakers
describing networking in Canada (CA*net, BCnet, etc). The third will be a
Users panel.

They also hope to form some affiliations with the Uniforum Canada people.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)