[ont.micro] Remote timesharing services cost comparison

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (05/11/88)

In article <1613@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:

>	Do their own networks cost that much less to run than packet
>	switched ones?  You would think packet switch would be a winner
>	for the economies of scale.  Why should everybody have their
>	own packet network?

I think that some companies have packet switched networks
of their own that use some of the same carriers as companies like
datapac, tymnet, and telenet.

>I sure can't figure the pattern in all this.

When you do, I think you will see an economic opportunity.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@waterloo.edu