[net.lang.forth] Forth to run under 4.2bsd wanted..

bill@persci.UUCP (05/13/85)

We are using FORTH for some hardware development here. It would be nice to be
able to test our programs ahead of time on our VAX, rather than on our
(limited number of, and *VERY* much in demand) development stations.

Does anybody have Forth for Unix?
--
Bill Swan 	{ihnp4|decvax|allegra|...}!uw-beaver!tikal!persci!bill

valencia@vger.UUCP (05/18/85)

  I wrote something called "vforth" last December. It looks like Forth,
but knows how to generate in-line VAX code for words such as "+", "-",
"do", etc... It's in the public domain; I'll give it to anyone who's
asking. Just Mail to me at ...!{fortune,ucbvax}!hpda!vandys, and tell
me how to route back to you. It runs real nice, has most of the words
you'd want, and is about six times as fast as its forefather, JHU Forth.

				Let's hear it for public domain!
				Andy Valencia

jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (05/23/85)

In article <181@vger.UUCP> valencia@vger.UUCP writes:

>  I wrote something called "vforth" last December. It looks like Forth,
>but knows how to generate in-line VAX code for words such as "+", "-",
>"do", etc... It's in the public domain; I'll give it to anyone who's
>asking.

Great. Now, has anyone done this for my pyramid? :-)..
--
			Jordan K. Hubbard
			@ Genstar Rental Electronics.

			"Ack ack!".