[net.lang.forth] FORTH for 68000

hugo@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Peter Su) (07/11/85)

I was wondering if there were any Public Domain/Inexpensive forth
systems distributed with source code for the 68000.  I was thinking
about the possibilities of making such a beast run on  the Macintosh.

--
ARPA: hugo@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa      BELL:412-681-7431
UUCP: ...!{ucbvax,ihnp4,cmucspt}!hugo@cmu-cs-gandalf.arpa

Funny Quote: "Everyone is trying, to get to a bar,
	      the name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven."
	         - Talking Heads

jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (07/16/85)

In article <278@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA> hugo@cmu-cs-gandalf.ARPA (Peter Su) writes:
>I was wondering if there were any Public Domain/Inexpensive forth
>systems distributed with source code for the 68000.  I was thinking
>about the possibilities of making such a beast run on  the Macintosh.

Why bother? There's already a very good (and cheap) forth running
on the mac. With a fairly decent interface to the Toolbox I might add.
--
			Jordan K. Hubbard
			@ Genstar Rental Electronics.

			"ack pfffft. gag. retch. barf.. ack"

				- Bill again.

magik@wlcrjs.UUCP (Ben Liberman) (07/19/85)

[]

Creative Solutions has "Mac-Forth" at ~$150 but if it's source ya want
then you might try Mountain View Press in Mountain View, CA.  They have quite
a selection of Forth materials (books, source and object for many popular
processors and computers, and other goodies). Their # is (415) 961-4103.
They sell an installation manual for fig-FORTH for $15 and source listings for
the chip of your choice at $15 each.
Ben Liberman   {ihnp4|ihldt}!wlcrjs!magik
Ben Liberman   {ihnp4|ihldt}!wlcrjs!magik

keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (Keith Ericson) (07/23/85)

In article <753@wlcrjs.UUCP> magik@wlcrjs.UUCP (Ben Liberman) writes:

>...you might try Mountain View Press in Mountain View, CA.  They have quite
>a selection of Forth materials (books, source and object for many popular
>processors and computers, and other goodies).
>They sell an installation manual for fig-FORTH for $15 and
>source listings for the chip of your choice at $15 each.

The source listing for the 68000 isn't worth much (I had originally
written "isn't worth the paper it's printed on" but that's maybe a little
*too* harsh); I bought one and was quite disappointed.  You'll also have to
have some obscure assembler to run it through in order to get your FORTH out
of it, or type in the machine code...

--
Keith Ericson  at TekLabs (resident factious factotum)
Tektronix, PO 500, MS 58-383

guarna@uiucdcsb.Uiuc.ARPA (07/25/85)

I have converted the Mountain View Listing for 68K FORTH to stardard
Motorola assembler format - the interpreter seems to run fine. If anyone
is interested in a listing, send me a note.

	Vince

	!ihnp4!uiucdcsb!guarna

kenward@mdivax1.UUCP (kenward) (08/04/85)

> I have converted the Mountain View Listing for 68K FORTH to stardard
> Motorola assembler format - the interpreter seems to run fine. If anyone
> is interested in a listing, send me a note.

> 	Vince

> 	!ihnp4!uiucdcsb!guarna

I too would be **very** interested in obtaining the source for the 68K FORTH,
but I was unable to send you any *mail* (it was stopped at pur-ee).

If the source is not too long, please *mail* it too me.  Perhaps there is enough
interest to justify posting it on the net.

************************************* SNAP! ************************************

Gary W. Kenward
Mobile Data International
Riverside Industrial Park
Richmond, B.C.
Canada  V7A 4Z3

kenward@mdivax1.UUCP (kenward) (08/16/85)

For some reason, I am receiving requests for 68000 FORTH.
I am sorry for the confusion, but I do NOT have FORTH for the 68000.
Someone else originally posted an item on source code for 68000 FORTH.
Although I did not save my posting, I am sure that my news item was a request to that person to post the source on the net, if possible.

Thanks for your patience,

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!

Gary W. Kenward
Mobile Data International Inc.
Riverside Industrial Park
Richmond, B.C.