[net.lang.forth] Forth meets Smalltalk-80 ?

rb@ccivax.UUCP (rex ballard) (09/21/85)

Has anybody done any follow-up on the "Forth meets Smaltalk-80" paper
in one of the '84 proceedings?
Has anyone tried implementing it?
How well did it work?
Would you reccomend it as a standard extension?
Are there any implementations of it available as products or as public domain?
Does anyone have source?

Please post info to the net (this should be interesting to all).

olson@lasspvax.UUCP (Todd Olson) (10/01/85)

In article <277@ccivax.UUCP> rb@ccivax.UUCP (rex ballard) writes:
>Has anybody done any follow-up on the "Forth meets Smaltalk-80" paper
>Please post info to the net (this should be interesting to all).

I'm not familiar with the paper you are refering to, but I just(finally)
received a product called NEON by Kriya Inc that is a Forth/SmallTalk
hybrid for the Macintosh.  Would that be the sort of thing you are
inquiring about?  (No review yet, I've just begun to play!)

--
Todd Olson

ARPA: olson@lasspvax  -- or --  olson%lasspvax.tn.cornel.edu@cu-arpa
UUCP: {ihnp4,allegra,...}!cornell!lasspvax!olson
US Mail: Dept Physics, Clark Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853

matheus@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/03/85)

I for one would be interested in a review of Neon after you finish "playing".
Thanks.