[net.lang.forth] Looking for FIG source code

chuckb@fluke.UUCP (05/19/86)

I have an NEC PC-8201 laptop (with an 80C85 processor) on which I would like
to begin programming in Forth. I have installed a ROM-based macro-assembler
and I am ready, willing, and able to type in assembly language source code
to build a Forth dictionary.

Would someone please steer me in the right direction for finding public
domain source code (in 8085 assembly language) for building a Forth
dictionary? I was told that FIG Forth is in the public domain. Where can I
find source code? (Or who can I call for more information?)

I am willing to pay reasonable fees for a printout of the source code. (I
have no disk capability -- just 48K of RAM and cassette tape interface.)

Thanks for any leads!

Chuck Bowden	    {allegra, microsof, ssc-vax, sun, uw-beaver}!fluke!chuckb
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
M/S 232-E, P.O.Box C-9090, Everett, WA 98206

steve@jplgodo.UUCP (05/22/86)

In article <787@tpvax.fluke.UUCP>, chuckb@fluke.UUCP (Chuck Bowden) writes:
> [ ... ]
> Would someone please steer me in the right direction for finding public
> domain source code (in 8085 assembly language) for building a Forth
> dictionary? I was told that FIG Forth is in the public domain. Where can I
> find source code? (Or who can I call for more information?)

Mountain View Press publishes public domain Forth source for a number of
differant machines for a reasonable price.  Check Byte magazine for their
ad's.
--

...smeagol\			Steve Schlaifer
......wlbr->!jplgodo!steve	Advance Projects Group, Jet Propulsion Labs