[net.lang.forth] Novix chip

groot@ripple.berkeley.edu (Marc de Groot) (07/31/86)

I've been hacking on the Novix chip for a few months now, and I wonder
if there is any interest in the Novix NC4000 (or any other hardware
FORTH implementation) among readers of this newsgroup.

henkp@nikhefk.uucp (Henk Peek) (08/05/86)

In article <1033@jade.BERKELEY.EDU> groot@ripple.BERKELEY.EDU
  (Marc de Groot) writes:
>I've been hacking on the Novix chip for a few months now, and I wonder
>if there is any interest in the Novix NC4000 (or any other hardware
>FORTH implementation) among readers of this newsgroup.

YES !! Only the delivery of those chips is VERY BAD.
A friend of me, he work by the novix distibuter of the Benelux, say:
there is no supply after the first run. Comments ?

mail:  henk peek, NIKHEF-K, PB 4395, 1009 AJ Amsterdam, Holland
uucp:  henkp@nikhefk@mcvax.UUCP     seismo!mcvax!nikhefk!henkp

magik@chinet.UUCP (Ben Liberman) (08/07/86)

I'm interested in the NC4000.  I've seen alot of stuff on Rockwells chip
implimentations (very good stuff) but being a nut for speed, well...like
I say, I'm interested in the NC4000.  I'm waiting for someone to come out
with a system with an NC4000, SCSI port, 2 rs-232's, 2 IEEE-488's and a way
to add significant amounts of ram (if desired).
	So much for my current dreams.

Ben Liberman

ihnp4!chinet!magik   or   ihnp4!homebru!magik