[net.rec] unfriendly SCA

brad@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Brad Spear) (10/18/84)

In article <500@plus5.UUCP> bob@plus5.UUCP (Bob Simpson) writes:
>  ...    Seriously, the only contacts I have had with the SCA
> have been extremes.  One group was very laid back, social, and
> open to new members and ideas.  The other was stand-offish,
> insular, and downright rude to new folks.  Considering that most
> of my experiences have been with the second group, my opinion of
> the SCA is not the most flattering.

I'm sorry that you had to meet a stand-offish group.  In Caid (southern
California + Hawaii + New Zealand) the people tend to be rather friendly and
outgoing (like, we're all mellow on the west coast, man :->).  Perhaps you met
a splinter group, whose own goals may be different than those of the SCA as a
whole.

After all, one of our goals is to invite new people to join in the fun, the
dream if you will, since it is much more fun and educational with more people
who have the same goals.

Brad Spear
sdcrdcf!brad