[net.rec] Uh, Er, another new group?

jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (03/14/85)

Ok, Ok.. So my last message wondering about a net.risc group was a dumb
idea. I'll stick with net.arch (just to put and end to the mail I've been
getting on that) now for my next weird idea.. Is anyone out there into
GUNS?? (Please, no anti-gun flames from you right-to-not-get-blown-away-by-
some-idiot-in-the-street people, I'll just ignore you..) I'm wondering if
there's sufficient interest in ballistics/reloading and just general purpose
gun lore to merit a net.rec.shooting (or net.rec.guns, though that sounds
more inflamatory and less like a sport). The fine art of gun collecting and
target shooting (competition and otherwise) is a pastime shared by many of
my friends and probably a lot of net people out there.. How bout it?

Since gun lore is a wide field, (hunting, competition, plinking, mercenary
work!) I'd like to hear any feed-back on just what such a group would be
about.. Perhaps the whole lot..

					Yay, nay?
--
				Jordan K. Hubbard
				{sun, decwrl, dual}!twg!greipa!jordan

Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.

brig@drutx.UUCP (BrighamD) (03/15/85)

[]

	Count a big "yes" vote here.

			Dan Brigham
			{ihnp4, houxe}!drutx!brig

todd@bu-cs.UUCP (Todd Cooper) (03/16/85)

I thnik it should include net.rec.bomb (blowing things up)
--
---------------------------
Todd Cooper

UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!todd
ARPA:	todd%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa

magik@wlcrjs.UUCP (ben liberman) (03/16/85)

In article <148@greipa.UUCP> jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:
>                                                     ... I'm wondering if
>there's sufficient interest in ballistics/reloading and just general purpose
>gun lore to merit a net.rec.shooting (or net.rec.guns,...
>--
>				Jordan K. Hubbard
>				{sun, decwrl, dual}!twg!greipa!jordan

Start up the discussion and, if the traffic merits it, you should have no
problem getting a new group.

BTW, I've long been interested in trying out skeet shooting.  It seem like a
challanging sport.  Any recommendations on how to go about it?  I live in
Chicago and am sure that there are several places in the area for it.
  Thanks in advance.

     Ben Liberman  UUCP: ...ihnp4!wlcrjs!magik

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (03/19/85)

> Since gun lore is a wide field, (hunting, competition, plinking, mercenary
> work!) I'd like to hear any feed-back on just what such a group would be
> about.. Perhaps the whole lot..
>
> 				Jordan K. Hubbard
> 				{sun, decwrl, dual}!twg!greipa!jordan

I'll second that motion.  Since I know very little about the subject.
There are probably more shooters out there than there are in many
of the other net.rec categories.

	I vote yes.

PS- Has this been posted to the various net admin categories?

Gary

eugene@ames.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (03/21/85)

> Ok, Ok.. So my last message wondering about a net.risc group was a dumb
> idea.

I don't think it was a dumb idea, just ahead of its time.

> I'm wondering if
> there's sufficient interest in ballistics/reloading and just general purpose
> gun lore to merit a net.rec.shooting (or net.rec.guns, though that sounds
> more inflamatory and less like a sport).
> 				Jordan K. Hubbard
> 				{sun, decwrl, dual}!twg!greipa!jordan
>
> Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.

I use to be into one-person anti-tank weapons and nerve gas myself. :-)
What were some of the things that Arnold S. asked for in the  movie:
Terminator?

--eugene miya

sunny@sun.uucp (Ms. Sunny Kirsten) (03/22/85)

> > Since gun lore is a wide field, (hunting, competition, plinking, mercenary
> > work!) I'd like to hear any feed-back on just what such a group would be
> > about.. Perhaps the whole lot..
> >
> > 				Jordan K. Hubbard
> > 				{sun, decwrl, dual}!twg!greipa!jordan
> >
> I'll second that motion.  Since I know very little about the subject.
> There are probably more shooters out there than there are in many
> of the other net.rec categories.
>
> 	I vote yes.
>
> PS- Has this been posted to the various net admin categories?
>
> Gary

Write to ihnp4!cbrma!kk(Karl Kleinpaste)
and ask to join the mail.firearms mailing list
--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny (Ms. Sunny Kirsten)

gnome@oliveb.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (03/23/85)

> > Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.
>
> I use to be into one-person anti-tank weapons and nerve gas myself. :-)
> What were some of the things that Arnold S. asked for in the  movie:
> Terminator?
>
> --eugene miya

"UZI 9mm"
mumble "with laser sighting" (the auto pistol)
"phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range"
	(Just what ya' see on the shelf...)

There's also the Benelli 12ga auto/pump shotgun and the chopped
AR-15 that he picked up later.

"These are all perfect for home defense..."

Uh, yeh...